Home games, which is a popular product by PokerStars, is now available on mobile phones. The leading poker operator recently launched a mobile app version for its home games following a surge in interest by poker players during the lockdown period. PokerStars also made it possible for players to create private clubs to run cash games and tournament against close friends and families.
Before now, Home Game players had to play at home due to the fact that the games were only on a downloadable desktop PokerStars client. At the moment, home games are now available on mobile phones, which means that PokerStars players can compete with anyone at the comfort of their home.
It is important to know that about 300 games where added to the desktop client in the past three months, which led to the expansion and to finally launch a mobile version. The fact that PokerStars entered the mobile market may see a rise in its players in the next few months. Additionally, the poker operator also upgraded many of its features and added new ones
Home Game Formats and Variants
New home game formats and variants are now available on PokerStars. Also, the poker operator discarded lesser played games. Moreover, cash games and tournaments are available in the following variants.
- Omaha Hi/Lo
- 5-Card Omaha
- Stud Hi/Lo
- 5-Card Draw
- 2-7 Single Draw
- 2-7 Triple Draw
For home games in a tournament style, it is possible to set multiple options such as the number of players, buy-ins, starting stacks, re-buys, and payout structure. PokerStars also unveiled a new way to register – if you registered late, and it is available for up to six levels of the tournament. This gives you a lot of time to invite your friends and colleagues who want to join you to play the game but are not available for the time being.
Additionally, tournament players also can benefit from time banks that add more thinking time the tournament goes on.
How to Create Your Own PokerStars Home Game
- Get PokerStars App On Your Phone: To create your PokerStars home game, you have to download the PokerStars app on your phone.
- Create Your Own Home Game: Click on the Home Games tap on the app and click on ‘create a Poker Club’
- Name Your Club: Name your club; you can give your club any name you want. Additionally, choose a unique password in the invitation code area.
- Manage Your Club: It is important to manage your club. In the Club Home tab, you can suspend or give any player an admin position as well as choose images and colour themes for your club. Here, you can also invite new players to join. To invite new players, all you need to do is to click on the invite option and cut and paste the instruction in an email to your friends.
- Pick Your Favourite Games: Players can pick their favourite games and choose specific scheduled tournaments in the manage game tab.